By default the audio output from Android is disabled. There are two ways to enable it:
- pairing your car with the device via Bluetooth (better lipsync when streaming video)
- enabling the audio output via the browser (perfect when Bluetooth is used for CarPlay and you still want to hear audio from native Android apps like Waze or Apple Music). Browser audio is uncompressed and makes Lossless playback possible.
Enabling Browser Audio
1. Open the Tesla Android app in your Tesla by navigating to https://device.teslaandroid.com in the browser and tap the Settings icon in the corner.
2. Select the Settings tab on the bottom navigation bar
3. Select the Audio section on the sidebar
4. Enable Browser audio. Optionally you can boost the volume. People do this if they use native apps from Tesla for music and Tesla Android is only used for navigation.